Swedish Committee for Applied Systems Analysis
Formas has established the Swedish Committee for Applied Systems Analysis, with representatives from government agencies and research communities in Sweden. An important task for the committee is to promote research that can assist policy-makers in addressing complex challenges at different levels of society.
The Committee works independently to support Formas to promote the field of systems analysis and its applications in society. The Committee also functions as the National Member Organisation in relation to Formas’ membership in the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA).
Göran Enander, County Governor of Uppsala County, former Secretary of State at the Ministry of the Environment and Energy, former Director General of the Swedish Forestry Agency.
- Helén Andersson, Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute, Director of Research
- Klaus Hammes, Swedish Energy Agency, Chief economist
- Mats Svensson, Swedish Agency for Marine and Water management, Director of Marine and Water department
- AnnaKarin Norling, Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), Senior research advisor
- Lisa Eriksson, Swedish Environmental Protection Agency, Senior Policy Analyst
- Anne-Sophie Crépin, Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Deputy director of the Beijer Institute of Ecological Economics
- Karl Wennberg, Young Academy of Sweden, Professor of Management at Institute for Analytical Sociology at Linköping University
- Anna Nilsson Vindefjärd, Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences, Secretary General for Research!Sweden
- John Tumpane, Formas, Head of Department for Environment
Committee secretary/contact person
- Magnus Tannerfeldt, Formas, Senior research officer
Tasks for the committee
- Promote the development of methods and competence in systems analysis, both nationally and in relation to IIASA and other international programmes.
- Promote the application of systems analysis perspectives in society.
- Promote the use of systems analysis research and methods in policy-making.
- Actively collaborate with Swedish stakeholders, and work to identify success factors.
- Convey knowledge about the development and use of systems analysis, and work to strengthen interest for systems analysis and the work of IIASA.
- Engage Swedish universities and research institutes in capacity building for research and societal needs.
- Engage business and other societal actors to strengthen the use of systems analysis in society.
Specific tasks in relation to IIASA
- Give council to and support Formas regarding issues that involve IIASA and Formas role as member in IIASA Council.
- Promote possibilities for Sweden to leverage the membership in IIASA.
- Support dissemination of information and help recruitment of candidates for the YSSP programme and other possibilities for Swedish researchers to engage with IIASA.