With this call, the European network JPI Urban Europe and specifically the countries Austria, Germany, Latvia, Sweden and the United Kingdom invite transdisciplinary and cross-sectoral communities of researchers and practitioners to create projects that align, synthesise or consolidate already existing knowledge on urban migration across disciplines on national and local levels. The results from projects granted in this call should help to facilitate knowledge transfer and learning from different European contexts, cities and countries to create greater engagement and understanding in migrant as well as host communities.
Focus and topics
The focus of this call is the ways that migration affects and is affected by the life and functioning of cities. The project proposal should at least address one of the following topics:
- Topic 1: Socio-spatial integration and citizen involvement
- Topic 2: Urban governance of housing issues
- Topic 3: Enhancing cities’ administrative capacities and supporting evidence-based integration policies (managing migration)
Please note that projects with Swedish participants must relate to one or more of the perspectives and themes in Formas’ research agenda Research for integrated and sustainable spatial planning.
The projects granted in this call must have consortium as a whole that include:
- At least 3 eligible applicants from at least 3 of the different countries participating in the call (the proposal may also include self-funded partners)
- At least one relevant non-academic stakeholder, problem owner or practitioner as a partner or as self-funded partner (for instance cities, municipalities or public authorities).