The ERA-NET Cofund International Coordination of Research on Infectious Animal Diseases (ICRAD) announce funding for research projects that support cross-cutting research to improve animal health and welfare, with associated benefits towards public health, the environment and the economy. Formas participate with 1 350 000 Euro during the years 2021 – 2023 in this call.
Scope of the call
The overall goal of the ICRAD co-funded call is to support cross-cutting research to improve animal health and by consequence animal welfare, focusing on key epidemic and (re)-emerging threats and developing novel vaccine technology platforms and diagnostics. The ICRAD co-funded call covers the major groups of infectious diseases of animals (including fishes and bees), and infections by viral, bacterial, parasitic and fungal pathogens, prions, and multifactorial diseases, with particular emphasis on ASF and animal influenza.
The application process is two-phased (pre- and full proposal phases). First, a pre-proposal must be submitted electronically via the ERA-NET ICRAD submission tool no later than 31st of March 2020. Applicants which have qualified for phase two, and thereby are invited to submit a full proposal will be notified 10th of June. Deadline for submission of full proposal is 5th of August. Grant award decision will be announced in the end of November 2020
The pre-proposals should address one of the following research areas:
- Research area 1: Improved understanding of epidemic and emerging infectious animal diseases
- Research area 2: Generic technology platforms for producing novel and/or improved vaccines
- Research area 3: High-throughput, rapid, accurate and easy to use in-field detection technologies
Consortia successfully passing the pre-proposal phase will be invited to submit a full proposal
The main applicant and co-applicants must have doctoral degrees. Grants can be given to researchers at Swedish universities, university colleges or research institutes.
Application and call text
- Call text and application forms External link. are available at ICRADs webpage
- National regulations (pdf) , 75.3 kB.
- More information about the call. External link.
- For general information on the call and application procedure, please contact the ICRAD call office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For specific questions related to the criteria and rules of Formas, please see National regulations (pdf) , 75.3 kB. or contact Alexandra Jeremiasson.