Summer Fellowships in Austria: IIASA YSSP
Every summer from 1 June to 31 August, the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) hosts up to 50 doctoral students from around the world in its Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP).
The National Member Organization for Sweden, Formas, will fund up to 4 participants from Sweden for participation in this programme.
Early career researchers at Umeå and Luleå Universities can also apply for funding through the Kempe Foundations.
This is how it works
Each YSSP participant works on a topic related to his or her PhD thesis and to IIASA’s own research agenda, the goal being to write a publishable paper. All YSSP participants are personally mentored by IIASA senior scientists.
You should apply if
- You are an advanced graduate student
- your field of study complements research at IIASA
- you are interested in pursuing interdisciplinary research
- your research and career would benefit from working alongside 50 or so young scientists as well as senior scientists from around the world
- you would like to explore the policy implications of your work.
Deadine for application is January 11, 2019.
Contact for Sweden is Magnus Tannerfeldt