This call within Biodiversa will cover nature-based solutions, human well-being and tranformative change.
This call will aim at supporting research on biodiversity to gain a better understanding of the tipping points and trade-offs and underlying mechanisms affecting Nature-based Solutions, and their successful implementation with respect to the benefits for nature, human well-being and societal transformation.
To do so, it will cover the following three non-exclusive research themes:
- Synergies and trade-offs of Nature-based solutions in the context of human well-being.
- Nature-based solutions mitigating anthropogenic drivers of biodiversity loss.
- The contribution of Nature-based solutions for just transformative change.
Application and information
Call text and information is availaible at Biodiversa.
Proposals (in English only) will have to be submitted electronically. Instructions regarding submission, eligibility and evaluation criteria and other relevant information are available on the Biodiversa website.
- 11 September 2023: Launch of the call
- 10 November 2023: Deadline for pre-proposals submission (mandatory) 15:00 CET
- Mid-February 2024: Results of the evaluation of the first step
- 9 April 2024, 15:00 CET: Deadline for full-proposals submission
- September 2024: Final selection of projects for funding
- 1 December 2024 - 1 April 2025: Start of the projects