The European Biodiversity Partnership under Horizon Europe External link. will launch its first transnational joint research call on “Supporting biodiversity and ecosystem protection across land and sea” on October 1st 2021.
The official launch of the call was on 1 October 2021. There is a two-step application procedure and the closing date for pre-proposals was 30 November 2021. The pre-proposals were subjected to an initial evaluation and the results of pre-proposal submissions were communicated to applicants on 21 February 2022 by the Biodiversa+ Call Secretariat.
A total of 109 pre-proposals have been invited to submit full proposals. The deadline for submitting full proposals to the Biodiversa+ Electronic Proposal Submission System (EPSS) is 14 April 2022, 15:00 CEST (Brussels local time).
The Formas Prisma platform opens for registration of full proposals with Swedish participation on 31 March 2022. The deadline for submitting full proposals to Prisma is 28 April, 14:00 CEST.
This call aims to support about 30 transnational research projects that will run for three years. Formas will contribute up to 2 750 000 euro for Swedish participation in this call.
This call aims to support research on the following three non-exclusive themes:
- Knowledge for identifying priority conservation areas, establishing effective and resilient ecological networks, enhancing species-based protection and preserving genetic diversity,
- Multiple benefits and costs of biodiversity and ecosystem protection: synergies and trade-offs,
- Effective management and equitable governance to deliver bold conservation outcomes.
Projects combining aspects from several themes are encouraged. This call is focused on the protection of biodiversity in the wild. This does not, for example, include efforts for restoration of habitats and species, or ex-situ conservation.
The call covers all environments, i.e. terrestrial, freshwater and marine. It also covers research on biodiversity conservation in the Outermost Regions (ORs) and Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs) of the EU.
Research teams are invited to form transnational research consortia with eligible partners from minimum 3 countries participating in the call (including minimum two from EU Member States or EU Associated Countries).
Proposals have to be exclusively written in English.
A two-step process will apply, with a mandatory submission of pre-proposals at the first step and submission of full proposals at the second step, via an Electronic Proposal Submission System (EPSS).
- The official launch of the call is on 1 October 2021.
- The closing date for pre-proposals is 30 November 2021, 15:00 CET
- The deadline for submission of full proposals is 14 April 2022, 15:00 CEST
- The Formas Prisma platform External link. opens for registration of full proposals with Swedish participation on 31 March 2022. The deadline for submitting full proposals to Prisma is 28 April, 14:00 CEST.